Roane County offers your business and your family a unique relocation or expansion opportunity a quality of life among the best in the country.
Roane County is central enough to escape the crowds, yet close enough to offer exceptional four-season recreational fun plus excellent business and living opportunities.
In Roane County you will find a variety of natural surroundings that other areas can only envy. We have natural woodlands, lakes, hunting, fishing and many other recreational habitats.
A cost of living you can live with. The cost of living is sustainably lower than the national average and significantly lower than most metropolitan areas.
- State Sales Tax on Groceries – 0%
- Personal Income Tax of 4.90% - 6.25%
- Low Property Taxes
- Low Cost Quality Day Care
- Low Utility Rates
- Good Market for quality low-cost housing
A high value placed on education.
- Roane County offers modern schools that are responsive to the student’s needs.
- Roane-Jackson Technical Center has industry specific training opportunities to meet your corporate needs.
- 17 Colleges located within 50 miles.
- 10 Universities located within 50 miles.
Excellent Healthcare. Modern healthcare facilities and professionals are readily available in Roane County.
- Roane General Hospital is a 60-bed state of the art facility that is currently under expansion.
- Roane County Family Healthcare offers excellent primary health care services.
Crime Rate – Among the lowest in the Nation.
- Serious Crimes per 1000 population
- Roane County = 2.92% violent crimes; 10.23% property crimes
- West Virginia = 2.88% violent crimes; 16.58% property crimes
- Nationally = 3.75% violent crimes; 24.21% property crimes
Theatre & Recreational
- Historic Robey Theatre
- Country Lanes Bowling Alley
- Roane Recreational Skating Rink
- Blue Grass Riding Club
- Great family public parks complete with updated playground equipment, grills, pavilions, tennis and basketball courts, skate park, and city swimming pool.
- Lakes great for fishing, kayaking, canoeing and electric boating.
- Walking, hiking and mountain biking trails.
- Numerous Club Organizations for children and adults, such as: Rotary, Master Gardeners Club, Historical Society, 4-H, FFA, RAZE, TIFU, Boy and Girl Scouts, Quilting Guilds, Kids on First, Sports Programs and so much more.
Our Golf Course
- Spencer Library
- Geary Library
- Walton Library
- AT & T
- Hughes Net